The BIG Dog’s Backyard Ultra World Championship 2020 is a international event with a new “race” starting every hour. There will be no male, female, or age group awards, only the Last Man (athlete) standing all across the globe will be the winner. This World championship is organized at different countries simultaneously at the same time. Academy of Indore Marathoners at Indore is organizing this competition for runners of India.
The course will be a 4.2 mile / 6.70 km with nice double track and some moderate elevation gain. It will be an easy loop to finish in under an hour for most people. At least for the first few times around!
Race will start in all countries across the world at the same time. At INDIA it will start at 5:30 pm on Saturday 17 th October 2020 with bell ringing. Men and women will complete the course at whatever pace they choose, but they MUST complete the loop in less than 60 minutes! Those that complete the course in under an hour will earn the right to continue. The next gun start is at 6:30 pm and then again at 7:30 pm and so on. The race continues in this format . This will happen every hour until there is only one runner at the start line, this runner will be the last one standing. This runner must complete a solo loop inside the time limit to be crowned the winner. All runners with the exception of the winner will be an official DNF(did not finish) and will get a medal to prove it.
Results of each runner in terms of distance covered will be given. If no runner can complete one more loop than anyone else, there is no winner.
This race is not about being the fastest! Remember at the start of each loop/race all surviving runners are on a equal standing.
Pacing is everything!
Though the course is not flat,(turmac road with 45 metres elevation) it can easily be completed inside the 1 hour time limit, but you must finish every loop inside the time limit to stay in the race.
There will be food and drinks tables, at the start / finish area and hydration aid at the end of the loop.
There will be a qualified medical team on site to deal with medical emergencies for the duration of the event. The first aid point will be at the start/finish area. If you have any medical conditions or on medication at the time of the event please write your details on the back of your race number.
For Night time running- you will need a torch / headtorch.
All runners in the last one standing ultra will get a T shirt and a DNF medal. The last runner standing across the globe will get a Black Dog world championship Trophy
Registration Fees – Rs. 3000/-
Qualification criteria for registration
80Km run within 24 hrs
50Km run within 6 hrs
2 Full marathons below 5 hrs
A runner who has done all the three runs under the time mentioned after October 2019 will be qualified for BIG Dog’s World Championship 2020.
Last day to register 30th Sept 2020.
Reporting date for runner
Runner must report till 12 pm on 16th October 2020 at Indore
What a runner gets
1. Entry to The BIG Dog’s Backyard Ultra World Championship 2020
4. Comfortable Stay with meals for the runner and one crew with all covid precautions from 16 th Oct 2020 to race day i.e 17th Oct.
5. Aid station with water / energy drinks / banana / snacks at start / finish station
6. Aid station with water on the route at the loop.
7. Qualified Medical team on the site to deal with medical emergencies in the
duration of the event.
8. Bed / toilet and shower facilities for runner till the runners is not DNF
9. Results of each runner in terms of distance covered will be given.
1. Reporting date for runner to reach Indore
16th October 2020 by 12 pm
2. Race & Route briefing
Saturday 17th Oct 2020 RACE DAY
8 am – 10 am
Venue :- Sanghvi Innovative Academy (Amboliya-Bicholi Hapsi Marg)
3. Race timings
Friday 17th Oct 2020 (RACE DAY)
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Reporting
Race would start at 5:30 pm
(Global Race Start Timings 7:00 am at Bell Buckle, TN USA)
Venue :- Sanghvi Innovative Academy (Amboliya-Bicholi Hapsi Marg)
Race Route Course Description
Each Loop is 6.7056 kilometers
(4 miles 880 feet in length)
The trail is very scenic mostly of turmac, few metres of cement and loose gravel. The loop has a elevation and slope of around 48 metres. There is a little shade off sun at some sections.
Historically day time temperature of Indore in October is around 30-32C . The night temperature may be around 18-20 C.
1. There will be no aid stations on the course. However. There will be one at the start / finish area. The aid station will have water, nimbu paani, banana and some basic snacks.
2. There will not be any plastic / paper cups or bottles. Runners must carry their own hydration bottle, pack or cup to refill their water supply. The last man stands is a cup less race and strictly has zero tolerance for plastic waste on or off the race route. If found littering, it may lead to your disqualification.
3. Runners are not necessarily expected to carry bottles on the course, but it is suggested if you are the one that gets thirsty easily. If there is any special drink, nutrition or other food items that you require please come prepared.
MANDATORY GEARS LIST
1. Head lamp / tourch for night run.
2. Wind cheater or jacket for run.
3. Holdable water battles for every loop.
4. 2 Blanket.
6. Basic AIDS.
7. Barrties for lamp or torch.
10. Energy drink powder.
11. 2 Shoes.
12. Slepper or sandle after run.
13. Charger or power bank.
14. Pick your basic hydration or gels etc.
Race Rules / Format
1. The last man stands will be flagged off at 5:30 pm on Saturday the 17th October.
2. Before the start of each loop., the race director will go through the following protocol indicating time until the start.
3 minutes before the start (whistle will be blown 3 times)
2 minutes before the start (whistle will be blown 2 times)
1 minute before the start (whistle will be blown 1 time)
30 seconds will be announced before start
10 seconds will be counted down before start
START (Cowbell will be rung)
3. Runners have 60 minutes to finish the loop once it has started. If you finish the loop once it has started. If you finish the loop within the hour, you have the opportunity to START the next loop provide you are in the start corral when the next hour starts. If you do not finish within the hour, you are out of the race and considered a DNF
4. Once you are on the course, you are not allowed to receive any aid from your crew or anyone else other than fellow active runner. You are not allowed to return to the camp once the loop has started. You must be on and stay on the course, unless you need to use the bathroom. (Please do so off the course or at
the start) There will be no portable toilets on the course.
5. No artificial aids (including trekking poles ) are allowed
6. Once you are back to the start and assuming you’ve finished within the hour, you may use the bathroom, eat, drink, sleep, shower, ponder the next loop etc but you must be back in the start carrol before the bell rings or you will be considered a DNF (NO EXCEPTIONS). You may also choose not to continue though you will considered a DNF
7. Runners are responsible for their own aid, but will have some basic aid stations throughout the race
8. Near the start / finish line , runners will have a small area where we may set up a chair / bed for quick access between loops.
9. Pacers are not allowed. Runners may have crew if they like, but keep it to a minimum. Crew may provide any kind of aid after you finish the loop or before you start the next one. No assistance, or contact of any sort is allowed when you are on the course.
10.The race route will be marked from end to end. The race venue will be open after noon on Friday 16th October 2020. Once the route is marked, if you plan to explore the route on Friday evening reach out to us before the venue on the route.
11.Only active runners and race officials have permission to access the race route once the first loop is flagged off. Crew or friends or runners who have quit are not allowed to be on the route to cheer or support their runner or even venture just to explore. You may do so once the race is over.
12.Runners will continue until one is left who completes the final lap. If there are two runners left and one does not complete the loop then the one that completed the loop will be declared the winner. If none of them finish, or refuse to go for the final lap for win, all will be DNF and there will be no Winner / Finisher.
13.The last finisher of the loop will be considered the winner.
1. Race entries/ bib runners are not transferrable – hence no unofficial runners
2. Slow runners must allow passes.
3. Please respect others who are on the race route. The race route is open for the public and may be well travelled in some places in some times. Please announce your intentions to pass if you are coming upon another runner or public in general.
4. Beds will be provided at 1 minute walk from the start/finish. Once you’ve DNFed, you are required to vacate your space at the start/finish to make room for any remaining racers.
5. If at anytime you intend to drop out of the race, please do so at an aid station / checkpoint by notifying the race director. Surrendering your BIB will serve as notice of withdrawal / DNF for the race. Failure to follow these policies means somebody has to come looking for you.
6. Smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages during the race and at the race site is not permitted for the runners or their crew. Any violations will have serious consequences including disqualifications.
7. Use of personal music devices is not allowed at this race.
8. Smile for the photos / videos even when you are suffering or in pain. Pain is temporary race photos are forever.